Web Hosting and Domain Registration is a service provided by us that allows your website to be stored on our servers which makes all your pages accessible to the World Wide Web. If you don’t have an existing ISP (Internet Service Provider) – then you most definitely will need one. We have a few web hosting packages available suitable for all budget types.
If you are currently with a web hosting company but would like to move your web hosting and domain to us, we can back up and migrate your site across for a small additional fee. Please contact us for more information.
Your domain name is your company name (www.yourname.com). It’s imperative you book your domain as soon as possible. When asking us to register your domain, please supply us with a few different name preferences, in case your first choice is already taken. When we register a new domain it is usually active within 12 – 48 hours.
We will send you a standard email to help with your email setup – this will contain all your personal information for your email accounts (ie passwords etc). Please keep this email in a safe place and don’t let anyone have access to it. If you feel that your email account has been compromised – please contact us urgently so we can reset your password.
How to set up your email accounts in Outlook:
1. Open up your email client (usually Microsoft Outlook).
2. Click on Tools from the main menu and then select Email Accounts from the drop-down menu.
3. Click on Add a new e-mail account and click Next.
4. Click on POP3 and then Next…
5. In the next box enter the following information:
Your name: Your Name
E-mail Address: Email Address
Incoming mail server (POP3): mail.(yourdomain).co.za / .com Outgoing mail server (SMTP): mail.(yourdomain).co.za / .com
User Name: Email address Password: Email password
Make sure the Remember password box is ticked.
6. Click on the More Settings button.
7. Select the Outgoing Server tab and make sure you have select “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication” and “Use same settings as my incoming mail server”.
We can help set up your email accounts by doing it remotely with the use of Team Viewer – Solutions for a Secure, Connected Workplace.
TeamViewer is the world’s #1 brand for remote connectivity solutions. Through innovations in technology and an incredibly fast and secure global network, we’re making the world a smaller place — paving the path towards a truly global workspace.
Once done, get in touch and we can help set up your emails remotely. We do charge a small fee of R100.00 for 15 minute sessions. Be sure to let us know your operating system and your emailing software to make for a more streamlined process.
Our payment terms for all design work and services offered by 1iDesigns.
Paying a 50% deposit is an acknowledgement that you accept our payment terms.
Payment is currently accepted by bank transfer in South African Rand (ZAR).
Our payment terms are 50% upfront and 50% on completion unless arranged otherwise by the owner. The 50% deposit basically secures your company a time slot and allows us to start working on the development of your website.
This process can take 1-4 weeks.
When your site is finished – we will send you a test link. This will allow you to view the site and make final changes/adjustments. When this process has been completed and you are 100% satisfied with our work – the remaining 50% amount will be paid. Your site will then go live…
Full publication of the web pages may take place only after full payment has been received. Any material previously published may be removed if payment is not received.
Accounts that have not been settled within seven days of our final reminder will incur a late payment charge of 10% of the amount outstanding. If your hosting account is not paid – we reserve the right to shut down your website until payment has been made in full.
1iDesigns Terms Service – rules and regulations to make our working process smoother. Please take note of the following:
1. Contract: Your approval for work to commence shall be deemed a contractual agreement between you and 1iDesigns. Approval for work to commence and payment of the advance fee indicate that you accept the terms and conditions outlined in this document.
2. Quotations: The price quoted to you is for the work agreed to on the quotation only. No provision is made in this quote for your changes, revisions or overtime. Should you decide that changes are required after work on the website commences, additional charges may have to be negotiated. No creative work will commence without an official written order. Paying a 50% deposit means you agree to our Terms and Conditions.
3. Intellectual Copyright: We will hold intellectual copyright of all material, including original images created for you until payment of the final invoice. Source code will remain the property of 1iDesigns and may not be redistributed in any way. Any reproduction or redistribution of the Source Code is expressly prohibited by law. Where you provide images, text, animations or any other content for your website, you are legally responsible for ensuring that this material does not infringe any copyright.
4. Registration Charges: You are required to meet all third party costs arising from the registration of a domain name. Where we have registered a domain name on your behalf, we agree to transfer this domain name to you immediately upon request and without charge. If you fail to make payments on your domain renewals – you could lose your domain name.
5. Website Promotion: We are not responsible for the on-going promotion of your website unless otherwise agreed.
6. Cancellation: Should you wish to cancel at any point during the process, you shall remain liable for the work that has taken place and shall be invoiced accordingly. Deposits are non-refundable.
7. Website Content: Where progress in development is delayed as a result of the required information not being provided, we reserve the right to impose a surcharge of up to 25%. PLEASE DO NOT GIVE US THE GO-AHEAD TO START UNTIL YOU ARE READY TO DO SO.
8. Conceptualising: Website concepts can include site mock-ups, graphics and design proposals. In most cases, we will provide you with two mock-ups. You must ensure that we have your preferred colour scheme and design requirements beforehand.
9. Travel Time and Expenses: We reserve the right to charge a fee for travelling time. We reserve the right to charge for travelling expenses based on 5% of the final quote.
10. Payment: Payment is accepted by bank transfer in South African Rand (ZAR), unless otherwise agreed. You will be liable for all creative and material costs should the project be terminated. A 50% deposit of the total cost of the project is required before work can commence. After work commences this is non-refundable. Payment of any balance will be due within 30 days of final invoice date.
11. Late Payment: Accounts that have not been settled within seven days of our final reminder will incur a late payment charge of 10%. If your hosting account is not paid – we reserve the right to shut down your website.
12. Future Support: The website is provided to and accepted by you as a fully functioning, completed work. Upon request, this support can normally be provided for an agreed fee.
13. General: These terms and conditions will be governed by the laws of South Africa. 1iDesigns may revise these terms at any time.
Review the 1iDesigns Terms of Service and contact us now and get your business on the web!